for your listening pleasure

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I dreamed a dream

So in honor of the approaching holidays, I figured I'd share the dream I had last night. It was extremely realistic for me-so much so that when I woke up I had to check my phone to make sure that it was just a dream.

It was very It's A Wonderful Life-esq.

While the details are slightly fuzzy, here's what I can still remember:

Went back to a townhouse on a Friday night with 3 co-workers who normally do not get along. Hanging out there, expecting to meet up with my brother later who had my old car. Ex-boyfriend from high school, P., texts me, asking when I was expecting my brother, I ask why, and he replies so that he could borrow the car. Now at this point I'm completely confused by everything.

Somehow I meet up with P., at a club-I've obviously been there at some point in my life because it's been in my dreams before. We talk a bit but things are awkward but he's surrounded by people from high school that don't understand what I'm doing there.

Somehow later on in the night we end up back at the townhouse that I was hanging out at before. I feel that something happened but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure if P. met me at the townhouse and the club scene is before/later.

Pass out on separate couches.

Next day I leave and I'm out doing stuff-don't remember exactly what but P. starts texting me about using a car. He never says why he needs it.

I come back about 4 pm to the townhouse and am indecisive about the car use. Finally, I yell, "I haven't heard from you in a good 5/6 years, why the hell do you think that I would let you borrow my car?"

That kind of shuts him up. At some point we come to a reconciliation and are okay.

The townhouse changes back to his house and one of his older sisters is there. She's okay with whatever is going on. P. and I are on 2 different couches and his sister is in the kitchen when all of sudden his mom and other older sister dance their way in. His mom looks better than she did when I last saw her years ago. His older brother-the one that sold my parents the car- randomly walks in too and decides that P. should be able to use the car since he sold it to my family.

The dream ended there-or that's the last bit that I can remember. However, P. had changed. He wasn't the same boy that I fell in love with. He had gained some weight, which wasn't a big deal because I had also gained weight.

The whole thing was very odd and I'm trying to discern what I should learn from it. And all that I can think of is that I should not facebook-stalk at night. I'm extremely confused as to why I should have a dream about someone that I have not thought about in years. Maybe I should not date boys whose names begin with P.-not sure how big of a deal it is but I just realized its a reoccurring theme, maybe I should branch out some in the alphabet? Or maybe I'm just excited to watch It's A Wonderful Life tonight? I only mention that because it seemed as if I was getting a second chance at something-I'm not sure what.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment