for your listening pleasure

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hey, can I get your number?

OK, so when I give my number out, I assume I will hear from that person that now is in possession of my number. However, I am finding out that that is not the case.

A few months ago I went out to a bar in DC. Had a great time, met a guy, danced, wasn't expecting anything past that night. However, he asked for my number. I said, sure, what the hell and gave it. Got a text from him a few nights later asking if I was going to the same bar that we met at for the happy hour special. I had plans, so I said no. The end.

This past weekend I went out with a bunch of girls to DC. Struck up a conversation with a guy, started dancing and just having a great time in general. And when I had to dance over to rescue a friend, he followed. What kind of guy does that? Most of them have no idea whats going on. He asked for my number so I gave it to him-not sure what I was thinking. But he wasn't from around here-i.e. not born and bred like most of the guys I meet so I figured that he wasn't a complete douche. I might have been wrong. He texted me later that night to make sure that I got back okay and then I haven't heard from him sober or drunk since.

Now granted I could text him - I don't call- but I'm not going to be around this weekend so in my eyes, whats the point of seeing whats up if I'm not gonna be around to hang out?

At this point I'm probably over-thinking things, but honestly, whats the point in asking for a number unless you're going to use it? I never ask for a guy's number because chances are I have no intentions of using it. I'm totally okay with meeting a guy and hanging out for the night and that being that. Maybe I'm missing something, I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment