for your listening pleasure

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pietasters update

So I saw the Pietasters. And it was everything I thought it should be and more. The opening bands were great-definitely set the mood for a good time. By the time the show was over, I felt like I went for a run in my regular clothes. I had worn shorts and a halter-top, knowing that the venue was small and that I move around enough to get hot. Boy was I hot-it was totally worth it. I love the feel of music around me and I can't stay still so I was dancing around. It was neat because everyone else was also. Normally when I go to shows there are a few people doing a mosh pit and a lot of head-banging. One of the guys I went with said that it was like I had an internal metronome, which might have been one of the coolest compliments I've gotten.

But ultimately I think that the night was so memorable because of the way it made me feel. A great concert can make you feel invincible and the Pietasters did just that. I still feel like I'm walking on cloud 9 and it's been a few days. And I've never felt like this from a date.

Anyways, I plan on seeing them next week and I can't wait. It'll be their last show in the area for a bit and I'm not sure what I'll do with myself . . . maybe find another band to follow?

1 comment:

  1. So I hadn't heard of the Pietasters, then saw you mention them and heard them on the radio and was like maybe I should check them out. Good Band.

    ReplyDelete