for your listening pleasure

Sunday, August 21, 2011

12 Miles

So the other day I was asked how I run. As in, how I keep moving.  And well today, as I ran 12 VERY SLOOOOW miles, I pondered.  My answer? I'm stubborn.  Like disgustingly stubborn.  Some people might call it determination or perservance but it's not.  I know myself better than that.  Also, I enjoy practicing my chugging skills by practicing chugging water.  I also don't run with an ipod or watch or anything.  I know my distance and I move.  I know that I won't be the first one but I also won't be the last person.  And c'mon, lets be serious.  The people watching at these things is fantastic.  Even today, on my run during an overcast Sunday morning when normal people are either sleeping off their mistakes from last night or at mass repenting for their bad decisions, I saw some great things.  Not knowing what I'm going to see next makes me want to move that foot. But really, it comes down to wanting the bragging rights and knowing what my body is capable of.  I might not like the way my body particularly looks at times but knowing what it can do- it's an amazing feeling.

1 comment: