for your listening pleasure

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

And another term bites the dust

So I just finished up my fourth term here at Drexel.  One more to go- totally in the home stretch & not ready for it at all.  If I was smarter, I would have slowed things down some.  Oh well. Hindsight's a bitch.  Anyways, I just got my final grades for the summer term - A-, A-, & A+.  Unfortunately the A+ is the only one that doesn't affect my GPA at all. :( However, I did realize that I tend to do much better in the classes that I actually enjoy.  The A+ was in the content representation class in which I developed a thesauri & indexed images.  So much neater than learning how to manage or develop a collection.  In the spring, the same thing happened, with my cataloging class. So much more interesting.  Actually, if I think about it, I could trace this pattern back to high school.  I've always done much better in classes where I'm more motivated because I enjoy the subject area or because I know I'm going to have a very inspiring teacher.  As students start back, it makes me wonder if I'm the only one that learns in this manner in a constructed learning environment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment