Since moving to Philly last year, I have encountered some of the best/most original pick-up lines. The two best are as follows:
Setting: A small diner turned bar in winter.
Scenario: This guy is chatting up my friend so his friends start talking to me. One of them asks if I'm French because of my eyebrows. His thought was that my eyebrows looked so good I must not be American.
Still working my way through this one.
Setting: A crowded bar usually full of undergrads during the summer.
Scenario: I'm hanging out with a just a good guy friend of mine, stupidly matching him beer for beer. This very intoxicated kid comes up to me and starts talking, saying something along the lines of: you should dump your boyfriend and come hang with me because I love you.
Three things (at least) wrong with that particular sentence: 1. I don't have a boyfriend, I have a friend that happens to be male that I'm hanging out with 2. Why would I want to hang out with a hammered college kid that I don't know and is trying to stand up straight by himself? and 3. I definitely don't love you.
I wish I had had my notebook with me so I could have written what these guys said verbatim.



No comments:
Post a Comment