for your listening pleasure

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

PA SEPTA VS DC METRO: A RANT

So I've been good about walking most places during the day in city so that I can learn my surroundings better. However, since walking in the dark by myself isn't my thing and it gets dark earlier now, I find myself taking the SEPTA/train/EL/ whatever the hell you want to call it.

It sucks.

It makes the DC Metro- something people have long complained about- look like a freaking class act.

I have wasted so many dollars in the past week or so in my attempt to get to the station to get tokens. The local machine is always out of coins. There is no automated system using a credit card to add money to your card. That was issue number one.

Issue number two. Not all of the stops are publicized. For example, the 13th & Market St. stop. Good luck figuring out how to get in there. I could also just be blind. But I definitely have yet to see a sign signaling that stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment