Observations and ramblings with the potential of insight taken from my daily life.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
JMU vs Drexel
So other day I met with the graduate student career services coordinator. What a mouthful. Anyways, at the end of our discussion, he asked me which I preferred, JMU or Drexel. And I had to tell him JMU. While hands down it was the best four years of my life, I really learned alot about myself during my time there. Without going to JMU, I don't know if I would have made it to Drexel/Philadelphia. What some people might call courage, I call sheer stupidity. To anyone who knows me or has heard of my stories, you know what I mean. There were a lot of things that I did at JMU that I wouldn't get away with in Philadelphia. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but I've definitely gotten lucky. I also don't know if I would have been able to move to a place where I know virtually no one. I could go on about how my time at JMU helped to shaped me but in the end, no one really cares. Bottom line is that I needed JMU. At the same time, I love living in the city. From Harrisonburg I got the same town-feel and enjoyed being able to walk places. Here, I've been able to take that one step further and walk almost everywhere. I believe that my time at both schools will compliment each each and I can't wait to see where I end up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment