So I met with my advisor the other week to hash out somethings I thought about over Christmas break. So essentially we (I) decided that I would have a concentration in only digital libraries so that I could take all of the other classes I want to take. You know collection management, cataloging, metadata, etc. That kind of fun stuff. So while that's a huge relief, I'm still stressed out about finding a job. As people have kindly pointed out to me, I do have a about a year until I'm done with school. Yet based on the economy and common sense, I'm still worried. This time around I've got rent and loans to worry about. I also worry that I've been too lucky in having a job since I graduated from JMU until I moved. Karma can definitely be a bitch to me.
I don't think that I'm a fan of this quarter in particular. All of my classes are online. At first I was really excited because I thought that meant more free time. No. Instead it means I'm essentially teaching myself these classes. Kinda sucks. And it doesn't help that one of my professors lives on the other side of the state so I can't drop by during office hours. Yet at the same time, I find myself able to do more things, like volunteering for multiple organizations, during the day than I might be able to do normally, knowing that I had to go to class that night. The grass is always greener on the other side.



No comments:
Post a Comment