Observations and ramblings with the potential of insight taken from my daily life.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Treadmill Etiquette
So I was at the little gym that my family belongs to last night. I was treadmilling because my training for the marathon called for 8 miles and it's too dark at night when i either get home or when I wake up to run in the am. But I'm on the only person on the treadmills until a mother and daughter set up shop until they realize that I'm not done with my workout. (I took a water break at that particular moment.) So they nicely move to the other end. Ten minutes later however, a man plops himself on the treadmill next to mine. He is a heavy breather and runner. There were so many other treadmills that he could have chosen from. I know in the big scheme of things that it doesn't matter, but at that moment, I really just wanted to finish my run, lift for legs and be done. He definitely managed to put a damper on things. It might have been different if he was closer to my age and cute but he was neither. Oh well, I'll be outside for my long run on Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment