So everything I feared about the Say Anything concert, I was right to fear. It took me over 2.5 hours to reach my destination. Several calls were made to my friend that I was meeting-she was at the bookstore flirting with cops and not too pleased to answer my pissy phone calls. Once I was off the highway, I stayed on the phone with my friend and she helped direct me to where she parked. Stood in line between some stupid high schoolers-no one is ever smart during that time, no matter if they think they are-who proceeded to bitch about the $1 cover charge if you were under 21. I'm pretty sure that's standard. And the club definitely could have made it over 21 only and still had a packed house.
While the first and second bands played, we got drinks and food. Saw my hs boyfriend walk in with his friends and made sure I didn't make eye contact. Even though we dated in high school and hadn't had any contact since my freshman year of college (different story), I really did not feel like dealing with that kind of thing that night. I was not in a pleasant mood at that point.
When Say Anything came on, my friend and I were able to work our way up to the front of the crowd. From there, we were manhandled beyond belief. We both found bruises the next day. The band themselves put on a great show-playing an equal amount of songs from all 3 albums. We left during the encore -too dehydrated and beat up to stay any longer. I've seen them before so it wasn't a huge deal leaving early. Normally I'll stay until the crew starts taking down the set.
While I'm glad that I was able to see them live, it made me realize how much I like my space to be able to dance during the sets. The Pietasters are an excellent example of this.



No comments:
Post a Comment