for your listening pleasure

Friday, September 18, 2009

weather & me

It always amazes me with how the weather affects my mood. Yesterday, for example, was cold, damp, and it rained on and off throughout the day. Therefore I was told by my boss to put a smile on my face and I moved like a slug. I really hate it when people tell me to smile. I can't smile all of the time, it wouldn't make sense. I can't look like I'm excited to be somewhere when I'm not. Today's Friday, so I'm a little wired but not enough to get things really going because it's cold and misty out. However, on Monday and Tuesday-two of the worst days in a week, the weather was sunny and warm enough to wear a dress. I was happy. Not ecstatic, because it was early in the week but content with life.

I've noticed on the weekends that I'm more likely to be productive if the weather is nice outside. There is something that is just so attractive about staying in bed or lounging on the couch when it's gross outside.

Maybe it's because I don't like the cold weather nor the gloom that it brings. The layering of clothes is always obnoxious. I dislike having to plan outfits. I'm more comfortable just being able to throw on a dress and be done. So on gross weather days I'm more likely to just through on jeans/sweats with a t-shirt and a sweatshirt, especially on the weekends. After having to dress up for work during the week, the last thing I want to do is dress up again when I know that I won't be seeing anyone. While I'm sure that the people on "What Not to Wear" would be appalled, I'm sure that they would agree that it's hard dressing up all of the time. Sometimes it just nice to be able to relax and if it happens on a gloomy day, all the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment