
So this past weekend I went to the Virgin festival up in Maryland. In the past, the festival had been a two-day affair with large acts such as the Chili Peppers and Bob Dylan. This year, it was one day with smaller acts but also for free. It was my first time and I enjoyed the experience completely. I designed a converse shoe for a contest (which I lost of course), picked up a ton of awesome free stuff like hair products and t-shirts.
Days later, I'm still on a music high. I'm still rocking out to the bands that played-Weezer, the Hold Steady, Wale, Blink-182, Franz Ferdinand, and Public Enemy among others. But it made me wonder if Virgin would have held a free concert if the economy was better. A lot of the advertisers hacking their wares mentioned the economy as the reason for giving away free stuff as a 'pick-me-up'-free beer too at a certain place and time. But at the same time, I'm trolling for jobs and I'm noticing spelling and grammer mistakes on these ads. I personally have a hard time taking these companies seriously when I see mistakes. Now I understand that everyone is human and that we all make mistakes but come on, job stuff is serious business. To me, an ad with mistakes says that the company doesn't really care about the position or the person necessary to fill that position. So the economy sucks and the companies that are hiring don't really care about the message they're sending out because they know that they still hold the upperhand.



No comments:
Post a Comment