for your listening pleasure

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's the little things, like a change in scenery

There are sometimes when I just love my life. Like everything falls into pieces and while it might not be perfect, it completes the moment. This past weekend was like that. One of my college friends and I road tripped down to Virginia Beach. We had gone down earlier this summer in June, and it was so crowded, it reminded me of navigating at Tysons Corner. This weekend however had people but it was not crowded. You could walk around the streets and on the beach without worrying about touching other people. (Always a plus).

Here's a brief rundown:

Friday night we were able to get elevated seats at a bar so we were able to people-watch (one of my favorite things to do). Seeing a 'cougar' in action and seeing her admit to being a 'cougar' was definitely a highlight because that's not something that you would normally see in a bar. As the bar closed and I failed to bring back the bartender-he had a girlfriend-we walked the whole two blocks back to our room.

Saturday, we were woken up to a parade. I've never seen a parade like this before outside of DC (I probably don't get out enough). Streets were blocked and there were police on horses and old men playing musicians. It was great once I was able to wash down some aleve and brush my teeth. The beach itself was gorgeous-not too crowded but great people-watching. I really enjoy watching people interact with each other, especially families with toddlers.

Flirted with some cute guys at the tattoo parlors-why are they called parlors? Enjoyed a delicious dinner in which I was grateful for my lose fitting top which hid the 6month food baby and the fact that my friend and I did not feel the need to converse in loud tones so that everyone would know what was going on in our lives at the moment and how sometimes you just need to bitch. Went out early to bar because otherwise could have spent the entire night just hanging out watching tv, trying to figure out which celebs had had plastic surgery and what they had done. The bar itself was a long narrow thing, and slightly empty when we walked in. Starting the night off with shooters with a side of water, I knew that things had the possibility to get out of hand fast. They did once the dancer that was a friend of the bartenders' came in and started doing her thing. And free shots from the bartenders never helps. My friend found someone so I hung out with the bartenders once the bar closed to allow her to do her thing.


Sunday, after several attempts to get my act together, we left a weekend of tomfoolery. And despite the little rest I had over the weekend, Sunday night I was wired from the events of the weekend most likely. That euphoria has carried over to the next couple of days where almost nothing could bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment