for your listening pleasure

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Pietasters

So I'm on the Pietasters kick. I first heard about them in a creative writing poetry class when we had to bring in an object- I forget the exact assignment. Anyways, this kid brought in a ticket stub from the Pietasters concert he went to. He said that he was supposed to go with some friends but they all backed out at the last minute so he went by himself. It was the most fun he's ever had at a concert. I remember everyone being shocked that he would go to a concert by himself. Granted, they are a lot more fun to go with friends or people you know but at the same time, you and you alone, are responsible for you having fun.
A few years later, I dated a guy who made me a mix CD that had a bunch of the Pietasters stuff on it. I've listened to the CD so much that it scratches. But I finally decided that I needed to listen to more of their music because I really like what I have heard. So I bought Awesome Mix Tape #6 a few weeks ago and can't stop listening to it. I currently have a few lines from "What do I do" stuck in my head - in a good way though. I think that the thing I love most about them though is that their lyrics make you think twice about what they are actually singing about. Prime example would be the lyrics to the song "Menowannalikki-U" where they talk about not wanting to go down on a girl because she smells. Which is a completely valid point.

And I can't wait to see them in a few weeks. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment