for your listening pleasure

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cnn with a side of Commercials

There's a tv right in front of my desk at work.  I like this because it's always tuned to CNN but sometimes I get tired of watching the same thing all of the time.  Just because something is breaking news one hour does not mean that it will be breaking news the next.  Though I do understand the importance of reciting the information on a continuous basis in case of an ever-changing audience.  And it probably doesn't help that I read a couple newspapers a day. 
However, what really bothers me are the commercials.  Info-mercials are particularly bad because I'll see the ad so many times that I can be talked into whatever they're trying to sell. I did once.  I bought the topsy-turvy tomato planter for my dad for his birthday.  So far so go but we'll see if we actually get any decent tomatoes out of it. 
There's one commercial that comes to mind immediately though-the cookie diet commercial-because of its particular lack of skill of selling the product.  Some of the lines said there are so arkward I physically cringe everytime I hear it.  The one scene where the woman with the stroller walks across the screen laughing just makes it seem that they were trying to eat up time.  It makes me wonder how the product is doing.  I actually haven't seen that commercial on tv for the past couple of days. . . maybe it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment