for your listening pleasure

Monday, November 28, 2011

Philadelphia Marathon

On 20 November 2011, I ran the Philadelphia Marathon.  I died just a little and questioned my sanity a lot. This wasn't my first one but it might as well have been because of the time that had passed since my first marathon (March 2010).  I had been plagued with injuries (another first) that included a bad ankle sprain, a collapsed arch, and pain on the top of my feet.  However, my stubbornness prevailed and I finished the marathon without walking.  My time, while not as good as I knew it could have been, was a PR (personal record).  Beggars can't be choosers so I'll take it.  If anything, it's made me more determined to run another and to keep PR'ing.  I'm already planning the races I'll run in 2012 in the hopes that I'll continue 2011's tradition of nothing but PR's.

Thanks to Cait for a respectable running photo!  

No comments:

Post a Comment