for your listening pleasure

Monday, May 2, 2011

Broad Street 10 Miler

I ran the Broad St. 10 Miler run yesterday. You literally run 10 miles down one street. Overall, I have to say that it was pretty awesome. Of course I'm prejudiced b/c I PR'ed (set my personal record) in the 10 mile distance. But the crowd cheering the runners on- throughout the entire race, I don't remember a quiet spot at all- was amazing. As was all of the volunteers out there not only handing out water and gatorade (hatorade) cups but the police force blocking the streets as well. Considering how many runners there were- 30,000 I was told, it was organized well. Picking up my packet, from the time I left my car and walked a ramp up 4/5 flights or stairs to the time I was back in my car was 20 minutes. That's pretty awesome. I also think I really enjoyed the race b/c of the ease of transportation. In the past, I've had to wake up an extra hour early just to find parking. I was out of bed 2 hrs before the race and had no issues with transportation- though the ride back was smelly b/c of all of the sweaty runners. This race made me excited for the Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon and the full marathon I signed up for- both in Philadelphia in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment