for your listening pleasure

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

yes, I live in the city

The other day it finally hit me that I live in a city. It took two random occurances for this to happen. The first: a complete stranger asked me for directions and I managed to give her correct directions. The second: I missed my exit coming into the city so I had to take the next exit in which I managed to correctly get back to my place. For anyone that doesn't know, I am extremely directionally challenged so this was a big feat. Those two occurances made me realize that I'm slowly becoming comfortable living in a new location that just happens to be in a city.

It's about time.

It's been exactly three months. But I never said I was a fast learner.

I love the fact that I can walk to pretty much where ever I want to go within the city during the day (night is a different story). I like being one of those people that you'll see carrying groceries because I live so close. I love the lack of chains in the area. Yes, they are there but there are so many local, individual places that have much more to offer. My favorite thing is the fact that I know exactly where all the places that the intro to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia shows are located.

No comments:

Post a Comment