for your listening pleasure

Friday, October 16, 2009

RunRunRun

So I'm running a half-marathon with a friend in a week. It's close enough to actually become a reality where I'm studying the course map since I won't actually see the course until I'm running it. The race is up in Pittsburgh while I'm down here in Northern VA. I'm not looking forward to the drive home-the same day as the race. However, I just discovered that 1 November is the same day as moving the clocks backwards one hour. This extra hour of sleep will come in handy when I have to be up ridiculously early-the race starts at 7:30 am.

I've come to realize that I really enjoy the training. As much as I hate it, I like knowing that my body can run 12 miles and not die immediately. While I might not always enjoy the way that my body looks, I can appreciate what it can do. It gives me confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment