Whenever I tell someone that I just moved to Philadelphia, I know maybe a handful of people, and I don't have any family that close by, they say how brave they think I am. I honestly don't see it. To me, it's more of an opportunity presented itself and I took it. There was also nothing left for me in Northern Virginia. Maybe one day I'll change my mind and move back but at this moment, no. Would I have moved to Philadelphia just because? Probably not because it's not somewhere where I can imagine myself living for more than a few years.
My room is still in shambles and somehow the blank walls don't scare me like they did in college. Maybe it's because I'm okay with the lack of permanence of anything in my life at the moment. Or it could definitely be the fact that I'm not sure where I want anything to go. Also I'm in a new city and kind of feel like a blank canvas since very few know me. There's something comforting about a re-invention. But once again I have a sweet closet with shelves. As my place does not contain any closets, shelving is clearly important for someone who has a lot of crap (aka me). Looking back it's funny how my biggest issue with my room was where I was going to put my shoe collection. The shoes have now become organized which leaves me staring a blank walls, trying to figure out where I want to put my new posters (I destroyed everything I had on my walls after college because it wasn't feasible to hold on to it then).



No comments:
Post a Comment