for your listening pleasure

Friday, February 26, 2010

Lady GaGa

I have to admit that I'm a huge fan of Lady Gaga. Say what you want about her-the girl's got style. Regardless of her sexuality you have to give her props for being different. She's no cookie-cutter blond. She's definitely an original and good enough to stick around. I want to compare her to Joan Jett but the only similarity is that they they're not afraid to go against the grain.

Gaga's lyrics are original and catchy and the beats are always good. Sometimes I'll catch myself singing the lyrics and actually listen to what I'm saying. Its not always appropriate. But that's the fun of it.

On my running ipod (yes, I have a different ipod for running), her music blends nicely with my punk rock. Both are great inspiration and motivation to keep it going. Granted, it doesn't mean I'll run in a straight line but it keeps me going.

My current favorite song on her album is 'Telephone' and yes I loved it before it was a single. To me, every song on that album is single-ready. But it is the lyrics that drive the point home for me in that particular song. For example:

You shoulda made some plans with me
You knew that I was free
And now you won't stop calling me;
I'm kinda busy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHZ6Uvib478&feature=related

Kinda sums up my relationships with guys in a lighthearted but serious manner.


That is all, I wanted to publicly declare my admiration for Lady GaGa and that I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment