So for my high school graduation, my parents bought me a Mac Book as my gift. I had several ups and downs with this computer throughout college but essentially it got me through the four years. Barely. As soon as graduation hit and everything had been turned in, it died. I had a flash drive that I used but rarely did it contain the finished versions of papers, poems, and essays, and narratives-essentially everything that I had every written for the past four years.
Needless to say, I was devastated when it crashed. Especially now, since I tend to look at my former writings for inspiration. Here are some of my favorite poems written senior year that I found the other day rummaging for a paper:
White Lady
Small silver blade
Powder of white
On a square mirror
Blade
Divide the White
Lady
Into equal lines.
Roll a twenty-dollar bill
Tightly.
Breathe in deep
Pinch nostrils together.
Snot runs down your throat
Green as the money spent.
He Asks Me
Please he asks me
It’ll feel so good.
You know exactly what to do.
I shift my body down the bed
Wiggle my goodies
Bobbling backwards
I position myself
Between his legs
Take him into my mouth
Try not to gag.
I prove my love.
Be a Lady
Don’t pick your nails, girl
She told me.
But I did
Down to the quick redness between my fingers
Stain.
Don’t sit with you legs spread, girl
She told me.
But I did
Wide as they would go
Stretch.
Don’t wear to much makeup, girl
She told me.
But I did
Black circles around my eyes
Slut.
These were part of a poetry project that I had done. Sadly, I'm having issues with getting the spacing exactly how I want it on here so if anyone has any ideas on how to do that, it would be greatly appreciated!



No comments:
Post a Comment